It may seem early, but the Bowdish lab is now looking for undergraduate students for summer 2013 and the 2013/2014 school year. Generally the model in our lab is to have a student apply for a summer studentship and work full time then continue on as a thesis student. See the FAQ page for requirments http://www.bowdish.ca/lab/faq/.
Previously we have had students in any of the Health Sciences, Biochemistry or Biology thesis programs and are open to accepting students from other programs. We will likely be taking 2, possibly 3 students. The project will be determined based on the successful student’s interests and aptitudes but Dr. Bowdish is especially interested in meeting with students with interest or experience in;
- Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics or Computer Science, especially large data set analysis
- Molecular & Cellular Biology, especially cloning and protein expression
- Biochemistry, such as protein-protein interactions
- Chemistry, specifically metabalomics and mass spec
- Membrane Physics
and of course,
- Immunology, especially animal models of infection.
Students will be expected to apply for external summer funding (e.g. NSERC-USRA, departmental summer studentships and other). For all other questions on qualifications see the FAQ page http://www.bowdish.ca/lab/faq.
Interested candidates should read the FAQ page and provide Dr. Bowdish with a c.v. and brief reason for why you would like to be part of the Bowdish lab.