Culturing LCM (L929 Culture media) for mouse macrophage culture
- L929 cells produce MCSF and other growth factors. Supernatant from L929 cultures can be used to differentiate macrophages.
Harvesting murine bone marrow from femurs and tibia
Harvesting murine bone marrow from spines
- We have found that you get as much as 5x more bone marrow when collecting from the spines, as opposed to standard femur & tibias. For an accompanying video, please contact Dr. Bowdish (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Culture, freezing and defrosting murine bone marrow macrophages
Elicitation and collection of peritoneal macrophages and neutrophils using Biogel
Propagation & culture of THP-1 cells
- Tips and tricks for growing this popular, but finicky, human monocyte-like cell line.
- Citation: Perry JA, et al. A macrophage-stimulating compound from a screen of microbial natural products.J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2015 Jan;68(1):40-6.
- The murine RAW 264.7 cell line is considered one of the best macrophage cell lines. Here we describe culture & propagation of the cells.