- L929 cells produce MCSF and other growth factors. Supernatant from L929 cultures can be used to differentiate macrophages.
Harvesting murine bone marrow from femurs and tibia
- We have found that you get as much as 5x more bone marrow when collecting from the spines, as opposed to standard femur & tibias. For an accompanying video, please contact Dr. Bowdish (email@example.com)
- Tips and tricks for growing this popular, but finicky, human monocyte-like cell line.
- Citation: Perry JA, et al. A macrophage-stimulating compound from a screen of microbial natural products.J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2015 Jan;68(1):40-6.
- The murine RAW 264.7 cell line is considered one of the best macrophage cell lines. Here we describe culture & propagation of the cells.