- This is an updated version of the original.
- This is a cheap and effective protocol for transfecting HEK293T cells using PEI. Note: In Jan 2013 we posted an updated version (version 2) with clarifications requested by users. We have adapted this protocol for 24 well plates. To see the adapted version click Protocol for 24-Well Plates
- How do you measure how well macrophages kill bacteria (or whether your treatment alters killing)? This is a standard kill curve protocol and a workhorse of the Bowdish lab. Specifically written to measure S. pneumoniae killing, can be adapted for any bacteria and any type of macrophage (e.g. human, murine, alveolar, bone marrow,etc).
- Is there SDS contamination in your reagent? Quantitate the amount of SDS using this assay based off of the traditional Methylene Blue assay.
- This protocol is useful for purifying antibodies from hybridoma cultures and serum.
- This “how to” was put together by Prof. Mark McDermott and is designed to help anyone present a manuscript at journal club. The paper he deconstructs is: Evidence for a Common Mucosal Immunologic System Migration of B Immunoblasts into Intestinal, Respiratory and Genital Tissues J. Immunol. 122:1892 (1979)